Sound By The Pound

Just a short update.

On the weekend I submitted my entry for the Triple J hottest 100 of all time thingy. This is my list:
The Clash - White Riot
Rancid - Time Bomb
The Saints - (i'm) Stranded
The Victims - Television Addict
The Specials - Ghost Town
Operation Ivy - Sound System
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Radio Radio
Billy Bragg - A New England
The Skatalites - Christine Keeler
Desmond Dekker & The Aces - Israelites

All of them I feel have been significant in my life in some form. It took me a few hours to whittle it down to that tiny list!

Throwdown audio mixing an video editing has begun. I've started with San Salvador because it seems that their audio tracks came out the best. Seven Steady's were okay and the other stages were pretty bad, but at least it was something. It's a pity the cameras didn't work so well. At one stage with San Salvadors set, we only had two cameras filming them out of the 4 we had set up. Oh well.

Speaking of San Salvador, here is a video for you all that I found the other week. It's of them playing in Panania in Nov 2007 at Youthquake. I think this might be one of Ben's last shows with the band before he moved to Brisbane. Anyway, just watch it and enjoy it:

1 comments:

  M

13 October 2009 at 11:28 am

I still read your blog, but it makes it a bit difficult since it hasn't been updated since June ;)

Who needs blogs when there's facebook, hey?

hi!